How to move MP3s (.mp3 files) from computer to player
- MP3 player
- USB cable
- Audio conversion tool
- To download music to the MP3 player from the computer, first make sure that the device is fully charged. This is to avoid corrupting any audio file transferred when the MP3 player’s battery becomes drained.
- Download and install music management or audio conversion software. Open the Web browser and surf the Internet. There are numerous free and commercially available tools that can be used.
- Determine the source and the format of the music to be transferred. If the source is an audio CD or a format other than an MP3 audio, the source has to be converted. Otherwise, move on to Step 7.
- Open the music management or audio conversion utility. Load the file to be converted by navigating to the folder where it is stored.
- Before converting the source music, make sure that it is not covered by any licensing agreement or copyright. Follow the documentation of the music management or audio conversion tool to generate an MP3 audio format from the source file.
- Save the newly generated file using the MP3 file extension but do not close it yet. Take note of the folder where it is stored.
- Edit the MP3 file by boosting its quality or normalizing its volume. It is better if all audio files are of the same quality.
- Make sure that all source files are stored together under one directory folder. This will make the downloading process to the MP3 player easier and faster.
- Connect the cable packaged with the MP3 player to the unit and the other end to the USB port of the computer. If no cable is packaged with the device, bring it to an electronic store and purchase a cable for it.
- Once connected to the computer, the MP3 player will be detected as an external storage device like a USB flash drive.
- Click on the “Start” button and select the “My Computer” option. In the My Computer window, open the drive corresponding to the MP3 player. Normally, this would have the volume Removable Storage. Open another window for the location of the source MP3 files.
- Select all the source MP3 files and drag them to the appropriate folder of the MP3 player. Wait for the copy process to finish. The time would depend on how many and how big the files being copied are.
- To remove the connection, go back to My Computer and right click on the MP3 drive. Select “Eject” from the menu. Wait for the confirmation message before removing the cable that connects the MP3 player to the computer.
- Check the MP3 player documentation on how to synchronize and update its playlist to include the newly downloaded files.
As always, if you need further help, please contact the helpdesk at email@example.com