The Ira J. Taylor Library serves the information resource needs of the students, faculty and staff of the Iliff School of Theology. The Library contains the largest theological collection in the Rocky Mountain area with approximately 200,000 print volumes, 60,700 microforms, over 400 current periodical and serial subscriptions, and more than 30 online databases. In addition to these resources, Iliff students, staff, and faculty have privileges at the University of Denver's Anderson Academic Commons, the Denver Seminary Library, and the St. John Vianney Theological Seminary Library. Books and articles not available through one of these institutions may be borrowed for Iliff students and faculty through interlibrary loan.
All library users are expected to abide by the policies posted on our homepage, at http://library.iliff.edu. For more information on library services, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, contact us by phone at 303-765-3173, or stop by to see us.
Iliff Hall, the original seminary building, was completed in 1892 as a gift from the late William Seward Iliff, Sr. It houses the Iliff Chapel, classrooms, professors' and administrative offices, and Bartlett Lounge. In 2016, through the generosity of Susan Duncan, Iliff Hall 201, 202, and 301 were remodeled and updated to better fit student and faculty classroom needs.
Skaggs Hall, completed in 1980, was made possible by a major challenge gift from Mr. and Mrs. Sam Skaggs, along with contributions from alumni/ae and friends of the School. In 2013, substantial renovations were done to the lobby, staff offices, and Shattuck Hall. Schlessman Student Commons, also created in 2013, serves as a focal point for the campus community, with informal gathering and study spaces, formal meeting rooms, student multi-use kitchenette, and a patio that provides a panoramic view of southwest Denver and the mountains. The renovations have been designed to maximize student collaboration, study, and social events.
The Bacon Education Center, providing a major addition to and renovation of the Ira J. Taylor Library (originally built in 1955), along with administrative offices, conference rooms and seminar rooms, was completed in 1998 and is named in honor of the family of Herbert L. and Laura May Bacon. Mr. Bacon, a former member of the Board of Trustees, was chairperson of the Board from 1988 to 1996. The Bacon Education Center was funded through gifts of individuals, foundations, corporations and churches as part of the School's first comprehensive campaign, the theme of which was "A Covenant to Serve Tomorrow's Communities." Various areas of the center are named in recognition of those supporters. Six donor panels at the main entrance commemorate the philanthropic spirit of friends of the School.
Reserving Classrooms and Meeting Spaces
The primary purpose of Iliff’s facilities is to serve the school’s academic and operational activities. In accordance with our mission and as a community resource, Iliff will make its facilities available to other organizations as feasible. Facilities will be made available for public gatherings of a non-profit, civic, social, cultural, etc. nature, as outlined by Iliff’s user definitions and fee schedules. For more information, please contact Michael McMillan at 303-765-3130, email@example.com. See here for Iliff Room Reservation Guidelines.