Iliff faculty shall extend for one week the deadline for written assignments submitted by ESOL students. Iliff faculty shall permit ESOL students 50% more time to complete timed written examinations.
In order to access these accommodations, students must do the following:
- Students must fill out the ESOL Declaration Form and submit it to their advisor prior to the start of the quarter.
- Students must notify their professors in writing at the beginning of every quarter of their status as ESOL students.
- For every writing assignment for which a student wishes to take advantage of the ESOL extension policy, the student must meet with the Writing Center for feedback on a draft of the assignment at least ONE WEEK in advance of the extended assignment deadline.
- The Writing Center will provide the student with a letter stating that the student has engaged the Writing Center for assistance. The student will submit the letter to their instructor for approval of their extension. The student must also be able to demonstrate that they have incorporated Writing Center feedback into their final completed assignment.
- If the extension policy prevents an instructor from entering a student’s final grade by the deadline for grade submission, the student will be allowed to take an “Incomplete” (grade “I”) for the class until the final work is submitted and evaluated. Under these circumstances, the student should follow the process for submitting their incomplete paperwork. Information for this procedure can be found here.
If the deadline for the grading submission has passed, the instructor will submit the student’s final grade no later than one week after the final work is submitted. If a student is graduating, the instructor must inform the registrar whether the student will pass or fail the course prior to commencement.