In preparation for the MDiv and MASJE Internship degree program requirement, and MAPSC CPE degree program requirement, students must complete the following prerequisites:
- At least 24 credits of coursework
- IST 1100 Identity, Power, and Vocation in Community (6 credits)
- First Year Interdisciplinary Course (4 credits)
- Background Check through the Office of Professional Formation
The Office of Professional Formation highly recommends students prepare for Internship and CPE as follows:
- Reduce your regular course load if possible to make space for the intensive nature of Internship and CPE.
- MDiv students seeking ordination are encouraged to complete applicable denominational polity, mission, history, preaching, and/or liturgy courses in preparation for Internship when possible.
- MDiv and MASJE students are encouraged to take IST 2080 Practical Theology prior to Internship.
- MAPSC students are encouraged to take at least one pastoral care course prior to entering CPE. In particular, IST 2012 Pastoral Theology and Care is highly recommended.