Ex Course Schedule Records
Course Schedule Records in Jenzabar EX
In order to facilitate consistency in our course schedule data that populates both the online registration space and our online course schedule, we have a few conventions we would like to follow when entering course schedule records in Jenzabar.
The Meeting Type field on the Master 2 tab in the Course Entry screen in Jenzabar is what determines whether a course will be considered Residential, Hybrid or Online for accreditation purposes. Please be sure this data corresponds to the curriculum committee's classification of each course regardless of what the schedule records indicate. The first begin date and last end date fields on the Master 1 tab should always correspond to the begin and end dates for the term in which this course will be offered, even if the course only meets on a single weekend later in the quarter.
- enter a single schedule record that indicates time, days and dates the course explicitly will meet.
- if this is a weekend praxis course, you may need 2 schedule records to handle the different time ranges for day 1 and day 2 of the praxis.
- include instructor and location information as soon as it is available (having faculty information up to date on the faculty tab is most critical)
- meeting type on the schedule record can be left blank or set to RS (Residential)
- If this course is marked as residential in the meeting type field on the Master 2 tab, even if there will be some work done for this course online before or after the course, you do NOT need to enter a schedule record that indicates this online component.
- Online sections of Internship are still considered residential courses, so they should be marked as such on the Master 2 tab.
- enter a single schedule record
- leave begin time and end time blank
- begin and end dates should be the same as the term begin and end dates
- set location = ONLINE
- set meeting type = OL
- enter instructor information as soon as it is available
- enter 1 ONLINE schedule record following the guidelines above in the Online Courses section
- enter as many RESIDENTIAL schedule records as needed to cover each of the on-campus days this course will meet. follow the residential course schedule entry guidelines above.
- typically, hybrid courses will have 1 ONLINE schedule record and 1 or 2 RESIDENTIAL schedule records.
- You do not need to enter a HYBRID schedule record for Hybrid courses, but please be sure that the Meeting Type field on the Master 2 tab indicates that this course is a HYBRID course.