In the case of inclement weather, the President, in consultation with the Academic Vice-President/Dean and the Director of Facilities Management, will decide on the question of school closure. Consultation will be held at 5:15 a.m. to determine whether the school will open later in the day or close for the day. In the case of the onset of inclement weather during the day, an announcement will be made about early closure.
The Director of Marketing and Communications will inform the media for public announcement. Iliff will inform the following television stations: channels 2, 4, 7, and 9 as well as radio station KOA 850 AM. The decision to air the information, either online or on-air, is at the discretion of the media outlet. Iliff will also place a recorded message on the Iliff main telephone number, 303-744-1287, informing you of the decision and will send out an email message informing the school community of the decision. In all cases, the decision of the administration will be the official and operating policy. In the event of closure, classes are to be cancelled and all offices closed. Instructors are not to meet with their classes. Likewise, instructors are not to cancel classes due to weather without an official decision.