How to open .docx files in older versions of Microsoft Office
This link is if you are using a PC and are having issues opening up .docx files: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=941b3470-3ae9-4aee-8f43-c6bb74cd1466&displaylang=en
- Go to this website and click "Download". (If the download doesn't start, click the "Start Download" button.)
- When it asks, click "Save File."
- Once the file is done downloading, double click the file named "fileformatconverter.exe". This may be in your "Downloads" window if you are using Firefox or it will be saved to whereever you told it to save the file earlier.
- If it asks you if you are sure you want to run this executable file, click ok.
- It will ask you if you would like to "Run" the install. Click "Run".
- Check the "Accept" box and then click "Continue".
- It will install the converter on your computer.
- It may let you know that the install is complete. If so, click OK.
- You should now be able to open .docx files.