It can be useful during Zoom events to create a set of breakout rooms focused on particular topics that participants can self select into based on their interests. Here are the steps to enable this and for participants to select a room.
Enable Participant Room Selection
- Start your meeting
- Click on Breakout Rooms in Zoom controls
- Enter number of Rooms you would like
- Choose the option Let participants choose room
- Click Create
- Hover over each Room in the list and click Rename to give a more descriptive name for the room so that participants can easily find the room they want
- Click on Options to set any additional options you want for the rooms (time limit, etc.)
- Click Open All Rooms.
Select a Breakout Room
- Click on Breakout Rooms in the Zoom controls
- Hover over the Room you want to join and click Join
- Click Join again to confirm when prompted and you will be taken into the room
- If you want to join a different room, follow the same steps again
- When you are ready to leave a breakout room and return to main session, simply click Leave Room.