Zoom audio transcription automatically transcribes the audio of a meeting when you record to the cloud. (Local recordings does not support audio transcription)
How to Record to the Cloud
- Within your Zoom meeting, click on Record (located at the bottom) and then select Record to the Cloud to start recording your meeting.
- The Pause Recording (pause icon) option provides you the ability to pause the recording and resume when you are ready to continue.
- When you are finished recording, click on Stop Recording (stop icon), and click on Stop Recording when prompted with the Stop Cloud Recording? window. This will save your video to the cloud (this process may take some time and will vary depending on length of recording).
- Alternatively, you can click End > End Meeting for All, which will end the meeting for everyone, stops the recording, and saves it to the cloud.
How to Access and View Cloud Recording with Audio Transcript
Once you have received the email from Zoom stating "the audio transcript of cloud recording is now available", navigate to the Zoom web portal (if required, sign in using Google).
- Click on Recordings (located on the left side), which will list all of your recordings saved to the cloud.
- Click on the name of the video you want to view
- You will then see a thumbnail of the video you have recorded, click on the play button.
- Enable closed captioning by clicking on the CC icon (located at the bottom right of the video). Now, when the video is played you will see the audio transcript as subtitles.
- Within the Audio Transcript box (located to the right of the video), you can hover over individual lines and click on the pencil icon to edit the text for accuracy. Then click on the check mark to confirm and save.
Share Cloud Recorded Video
- Navigate to Recordings within the Zoom Web Portal
- Select the video you want to share
- Click on the Share button (located at the top right)
- Configure the share permissions for that video
- Click on the Copy Sharing Information. This will provide you with the link and password for your video to share with other Zoom users.
- When finished, click on Done.