Due to some network changes we made at Iliff recently, some iliff.edu email addresses may need to be readded in Canvas.
During a recent upgrade to Iliff domain name resolution services, Canvas notification were unable to send to iliff.edu email addresses. To protect against unwanted email to unresponsive addresses, Canvas disables email addresses that fail a few attempts in a row. So, as a result, some of our Canvas users will see a yellow triangle with an exclamation point next to their iliff.edu email address in Account --> Settings --> Ways to Contact --> Email Addresses. This yellow warning sign indicates that you will need to readd your iliff.edu email to your canvas profile and reset it as default. Here are the steps to do this:
- Copy down or take screen shots of your existing notification settings in Account --> Notifications to be sure you can reset your notification preferences when you add your iliff.edu email back to your profile.
- Click the + Email Address link in Account --> Settings --> Ways to Contact --> Email Addresses and add a different email address to your account in Canvas (if you do not have a secondary email account, contact email@example.com and we can help with this step)
- Follow the instructions to verify this new email address by checking mail at this address and verifying ownership of the email address.
- Set this new address as your preferred address by clicking the star next to the new address.
- Once you have verified this new address and set it as preferred, then use the trash can icon to delete your iliff.edu email from your profile and confirm.
- Now, use the + Email Address link to add your iliff.edu email back to your profile.
- Check your iliff.edu email for the verification email and click the link to confirm registration of this email address.
- Once your iliff.edu email address is once again registered on your account in Canvas, you can click the star to set it back to your preferred address.
- If you don't plan to use your other email address for notifications in Canvas, you can delete that account from your profile using the trash can icon.
- Finally, check your notification settings in Account --> Notifications to be sure that your settings are as you desire on your iliff.edu email now that it has been added back to your profile.
We apologize for this inconvenience. If you have any trouble with these steps, please don't hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.