Enter Books for Course
Now that DU's bookstore will carry and sell our books, we need to have more accurate and thorough information related to books for a course. Our new book tracking procedure will use the textbook entry feature of my.iliff to catalog all books required for purchase for all courses. We will use this data to send reports to the DU bookstore for purchasing. If you have any questions or trouble with this procedure, please contact email@example.com.
- Login to http://my.iliff.edu
- Go to the Faculty tab
- Click on View Details under the Faculty Course Control heading
- Choose a term from the term dropdown box and click Search
- Once your list of classes for this term appears below, choose a course and click the select area drop down box to the right of your course title.
- From the Select Area dropdown, choose Textbooks
- From the textbook entry screen, always begin by searching for existing books to add to save yourself time.
- Click Search Existing textbooks
- Enter at least 1 search term and click search
- If your book appears in the search results, click the box next to the title and scroll down to the bottom of the page and click Add Selected Textbooks
- If your book does not appear in the search results, click the Add New textbook link just under the search criteria boxes.
- In the Add a Textbook screen, at the very minimum, enter a Title and one or both of the ISBN numbers. ISBN numbers are critical for getting students to purchase the correct edition of a work. Ignore the pricing fields because students can find prices themselves. Optionally, you can add a description to this book entry.
- Click Save
- Repeat these steps for all of the required books for your course. You can also add your optional books but be sure to add a note that indicates to students that they are not required to purchase the optional books.
- Once you have entered all of your books for one course, select another course and follow the same steps. You can select another course by going back to the Faculty tab and starting over, or you can select another course in the same term using the course dropdown list at the top of the main textbook entry page.