Adjunct faculty members are persons hired on a regular or interim basis to teach courses in Iliff’s degree programs pursuant to contractual terms and conditions determined by the President.
- The President may delegate to the Dean the authority to appoint adjunct faculty.
- Reappointment of adjunct faculty by the Dean will be subject to consultation with disciplinarily-appropriate faculty, positive course evaluations, adequate enrollment, and compliance with policies and procedures for adjunct faculty as specified in their contracts.
- Selection of adjunct faculty should be consistent with the academic standards of the School and made in consultation with disciplinarily- appropriate faculty. If the Dean makes a good-faith effort to contact area faculty and they are not available, the Dean may make such an appointment for the sake of expediency. Normally such persons shall meet the minimum requirements for faculty at the rank of instructor. In lieu of these requirements, significant experience in an appropriate professional field may be substituted with the approval of the Dean. Adjunct faculty teaching Ph.D. level courses must meet or exceed the standards listed for faculty at the rank of assistant professor.
- Adjunct faculty members are expected to be available to students for consultation on course work by appointment or office hours.
- Any use of teaching experience at Iliff in promotional materials is to include the title “adjunct faculty” and the years during which the faculty member taught.
- The Dean will periodically review with the President and the Faculty Personnel Committee the number of adjuncts, how they are being deployed and any significant concerns, such as: the quality of the educational program, the integrity of the Faculty, and the appropriate use of adjuncts.