Here are the components of integrating data between Jenzabar EX and PowerFAIDS.
Configuration still needed
- Majors are now synched with degrees in JBar, so we should be able to test.
- We have already done a bit of this, but we need to run some test exchanges to see what data is missing and then adjust the settings on both sides.
- Jenzabar has the Configure Optional Student Data Elements to Transfer function that will allow us to customize the data that flows a little bit.
- We can try different setting options in PFAIDS import to see if we get desired results.
- Then we can work on scheduling each piece in a manner that will allow the process to handle itself most days.
- Login to JBar
- Run Match Records function to connect as many JBar and PFAIDS records as possible for a given term (POE).
- Run Credit Hours Update/Report function (I think this can be scheduled)
- We will start with the Use EX Logic option (this is why we now map degrees to majors in JBar)
- If we are not getting all the students we need, we may need to adjust some other data points.
- Choose POEs for which to update hours
- Students must be registered for classes in the POE in order to be included in the update.
- Include the Add/Drop report if desired
- Will put rows in temp table in PFAIDS that can then be imported using PFAIDS data exchange process
- Run Create Student Update for Financial Aid function (I think this can be scheduled to run on its own)
- this will update data in PFAIDS based on data in JBar
- It looks like we can include prospective students here to get them into PFAIDS once they are in JBar
- will put data in a temp table in PFAIDS to be imported using the data exchange tools in PFAIDS
- Login to PFAIDS
- Open the Data Integration Tools
- Choose External Update from the Import Data menu
- Choose Table as Filetype to import
- Configure the table settings ... [NEED to TEST more here].
- Check error reports and then update.