To access local drives/folders or even Google Drive for desktop from your remote session, please follow the instructions below.
- Mac: Microsoft Remote Desktop (download from the App Store)
- Windows: Access RemoteApp and desktops (comes with all Windows computer)
- Google Drive for Desktop (ensure this is running on your local computer)
Mac: Microsoft Remote Desktop
- Open the Microsoft Remote Desktop application (double-click on the Microsoft Remote Desktop app within the Applications folder)
- Click on Microsoft Remote Desktop, located on the top left of the Apple Menu bar.
- Then click on Settings...
- Under the General tab, you'll see the following setting "If folder redirection is enabled for RDP files or managed resources, redirect:".
- Click on the drop down for that setting and select Change Folder...
- Select your user profile (e.g. John Doe). The file path should now look similar to this: /Users/John Doe
- Do not check the box for "redirect as read-only"
- Close out of the Preference window.
Windows: Access RemoteApp and Desktops
- Your local drives and printers should already be redirected to the RemoteApp server. Note: for Google Drive for desktop, please ensure that the application is running on your local machine for this to properly redirect to the server.
Note: After you have setup your Drive/Folder redirection, please ensure that when saving a file you select the correct file path within the RemoteApp application. For Example: when saving a file, ensure you are saving it to G on JDoe23 (computer name).