Install AWS VPN Client
Download and Install the VPN client software from AWS
Once the install file is downloaded, double click on it and follow the installer instructions.
Load VPN Configuration File
- Once you have installed the AWS VPN client, download the Iliff VPN configuration file. By default, this will be downloaded to your Downloads folder (iliff-vpn-config.ovpn).
- Launch the AWS VPN Client by double-clicking on the icon in Applications (Mac) or in Windows menu (Windows).
- Click the File menu and choose Manage Profiles
- Click Add Profile
- Enter a Display Name for this profile, e.g. Iliff VPN
- Click on the folder icon to browse for the configuration file (iliff-vpn-config.ovpn) where it was downloaded to, select it, and then Click Open
- When you return to the Add Profile screen, click the Add Profile, then click Done
Connect to AWS Client VPN
Our AWS VPN client uses Google Two-Factor Authentication, so you will need to use your iliff.edu Google email login information when prompted.
- If not already running, launch the AWS VPN Client Application
- Click on the Connect button
- A web browser should appear asking you to select a Google account or to sign into a Google account. You must use your iliff.edu Google account.
- You may be prompted for Two-Factor Authentication through Google if the machine you are using is not a known device on your Google account. Follow the directions to confirm your login on another device.
- Once you complete the Google authentication, you will see a message display This is a Non-Secure Form, click Send. This is a normal procedure with AWS - Google connection and none of your secure information is being sent elsewhere.
- A browser window should load stating Authentication Details Received and then the VPN client application should indicate Connected with the Disconnect button available for when you are finished with the VPN.
Now you are connected to Iliff network resources and can now connect to the Remote Desktop Session for your needs, such as Jenzabar, etc.
If you are still experiencing issue connecting to AWS VPN Client or Remote Desktop Server, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org